Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Colby Dancing

Saturday, July 26, 2008

"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you" Jer 1:5


Every time that we look at Colby, we see God's blessing to us. He is an answer to our prayers.
Tonight was a great night. Around 9 PM, While Margaret was asleep, I was able to go see Colby in NICU. Hold him and, well, eventually got to feed him. That came after a round of taking his temp and "assisting" one of his first "dirty" diapers.
Around 9:15. Nancy (the nurse) looked at me and asked me if Margaret would be up to a surprise. Colby was about to go on a field trip to room 246. Colby made it to the room around 10:00 and boy did Marg light up. She held him on her chest and he opened his eyes and looked at her like they were long, lost best friends.
It was my turn again. Colby and I ended up rocking for about an hour. What a feeling.
11PM came and Colby had to return to the NICU.


4 comments:

The Dykes Family said...

I am so glad that he got to make a trip to the room!! I know Marg was so glad to see him. Marg will feel so much better after she has gotten some rest. We love you all!

Christy said...

Scott, That is SOOOO cool! I can see you in there changin' that diaper. Marg, I am glad you got to sleep a little and got to hold Colby. He knows ya! Love that pic! Y'all are doing great! Marg, I hope that you are able to sleep. Scott, Thx for the blogs.. they are awesome! Love to all 3 of you! Jim, Christy, Abby & Emma

MamaRita said...

Thank you so much, Scott, for keeping the posts updated. We are truly appreciative of the opportunity to share in your excitement and joy. It sounds as if everything is progressing well with your little family. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. Hopefully, you will be back in your own home soon.

Sending our love and care,
Rita and family

steph said...

Scott, the pictures are so GREAT! He is absolutely beautiful! We can't wait to see him-the kids are dying to get to him, but I tell them there will be plenty of time for that, and Marg needs her rest right now! We are praying for you all and we love you!
Steph