Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Colby Dancing

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Potato Harvest


I was cleaning out the flower beds the other day when I got a little surprise. We had a little 6ft round flower bed in front of the house. There is a flowering crab apple in the middle. Well, we decided to plant the green sweet potato vines around it this past spring. I was pulling up the vines when I came across a big sweet potato. I was shocked. Then I found another one. Marg and I called our neighbors to come help us "harvest the potatoes". We were going to let Parker and
Kinley each dig up one of the potatoes. Needless to say, we found many more. We now have a five gallon bucket full of sweet potatoes. It was blast watching the kids get all excited!

3 comments:

Mosshouse said...

That is hilarious! Cook them, puree and freeze them in icecube trays for Colby's first solid food! Helen LOVES sweet potatoes!

Deann Scholl said...

You guys are always so sweet to include our kids. They love Mar Mar and Scott and we thank you for being so nice to them!! You guys are WONDERFUL friends!!

Margie said...

that is wild that you found all those sweet potatoes in sav pointe!!