Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Colby Dancing

Thursday, September 18, 2008

My First Football Game!



Tonight Colby enjoyed his first football game. He went to see his cousin Peyton start at quarterback for the Berry Jaguars (They won 7-0 thanks to an awesome 30 yard pass by Peyton). Unbelievably Colby slept through the first 3 quarters of the game and even the incredibly loud music at half time. Scott and I decided that from now on whenever he is crying and won't go to sleep we'll just play some really loud music and maybe that will work. We were all very proud of Peyton and Colby had fun cheering him on.




Today I did something I never thought that I would ever do. I have been having a hard time getting anything done around the house because Colby will not let me put him down. Well this morning my neighbor Deann came over and helped me put Colby in a snuggly/Baby Bjorn. So here I was walking around the house with Colby strapped to me and doing dishes, laundry and making the bed. I tell you what, that is when I felt like a real stay at home mom. I never thought that I would ever wear one of those things but if that is what it takes to be able to get stuff done than that is what I will have to do. Besides it will give me a good laugh every day. So next time you see someone walking around with a child strapped to them, don't laugh, you do what you got to do to survive.
Needless to say Colby had a pretty good day and a fun night!

2 comments:

Eric and Sarah said...

Get a sound machine! We started using one at 6 weeks with Emory and it is wonderful! You can bang around during naptime and not worry about waking him up. And she's "programmed" to sleep when she hears it. Helps a lot. Remeber, the wonb is not quiet, so he's used to sleeping with noise :).

Mosshouse said...

We love our Baby Bjorn. Helen lives in it, otherwise I couldn't get anything done with Little Philip to chase around the house to force him to potty train!